Director of Finance
- Hits: 254
The Director of Finance shall be
- The Chief Accounting Officer of the University and the Chief Financial advisor to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Responsible for the implementation of policies relating to Accounting and Financial controls in the University.
- Responsible for corporate planning with respect to budgeting and budgetary control and long-term strategic planning with regard to all the finances of the University.
- The liaison officer between the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in respect of financial matters affecting the University.
- Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of final accounts and commenting on management reports for External Auditors.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget of the University and shall present same through the Vice-Chancellor to the Council for approval.
- Required to submit quarterly reports to the Governing Council on the status of plans and projections necessary for the preparation of budget for succeeding years.
- Responsible for ensuring, on behalf of Council, that proper records are kept of all university property, assets, stocks and valuables in a register.
- Responsible for and receive moneys due the University and make authorised payments on behalf of the University.
- Required to ensure that every facility of the University is made accessible to both internal and external auditors in the performance of their functions.
- Required to exercise oversight responsibility for the accounting functions of other self-accounting and income generating units of the University.
- Required to perform any other official functions assigned by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.